HELP WANTED - Village Treasurer
We are losing the valuable support of our Treasurer, Beth Robak, that has served our Village so well. We wish her a lot of success after helping the Village so much, we wish you great success in your next opportunity.
We have stellar finances, good financial structure and error free audits. We are asking our Residents if there is anyone that would like to be considered for Treasurer. We would really appreciate forwarding this to your family, friends or co-workers so we can find a great candidate. Here is a short description:
We are seeking a Part Time Village Treasurer! You will be responsible for the effective management and responsible operation of Village financial matters.
- Coordinate the approval process for all account payables and receivables
- Oversee the flow of cash and financial investments
- Conversion of accounting method from Modified Cash Basis to Accrual Basis
- Analyze information to assess current and future financial statuses
- Review costs for optimal fiscal budget planning
- Evaluate reporting systems and collection procedures
- Advice and oversight of departmental budgeting and operations
- Previous 5+ years experience in financial management, financial services, accounting or other related fields
- Knowledge of common banking practices, budget practice, forecasting
- Governmental accounting or financial experience a big plus
- Strong leadership qualities
- Willing to learn - our past 2 Treasurers are willing and able to support and guide you
- Part Time 16-24 hrs/wk Flexible Schedule, Must attend 1 Village Board meeting in evening once per Month (3rd Tuesday)
Please send resumes or inquiries to email@example.com so that we may consider and contact applicants. Our departing Treasurer would be happy to answer questions.
Please find a copy of our application here: Employee Application
This form is in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat, click on the image to obtain your free software.