Village of Prairie Grove 100% Renewable, Green Electric Aggregation Program
History: Following the passage of a voter Referendum, the Village of Prairie Grove contracted to procure electric supply in bulk for residents and small business owners. The average participating Prairie Grove resident enjoyed savings on their ComEd bills for several years. The Village received bids to renew the program, but no savings were available vs. the ComEd rate. However, the Village was able to secure new benefits at zero rate risk for ratepayers.
The Village renewed the program with Chicago-based Eligo Energy. Ratepayers are charged exactly the ComEd rate and will enjoy the added benefit of 100% Green Energy via renewable generation facilities as represented by Renewable Energy Certificates (“RECs”) at zero added cost to ratepayers and the Village.
To learn how Renewable / Green Energy and RECs work, view this video clip prepared by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Through this program the Village will earn designation as an EPA Green Power Community.
Notices were mailed to residents and small businesses the last week of August, 2020. Some accounts were moved from previous program supplier Dynegy Energy back to ComEd, others will move to Eligo. The net effect for all is identical: all pay same ComEd rate with no risk of ever paying more!
- If your notice read, “Green Aggregation Notice,” If you did nothing, your account was switched to Eligo at your October meter read date. You will never pay more than the ComEd rate. You have the choice not to support the program, and to opt out. If you did nothing, you were enrolled with Eligo.
- If your notice read, “Informational Only: Hourly” or “Informational only Net Metering,” your account remained unchanged, at its current status, unless you took action to change the status.
- If your notice read “Informational Only: Return to ComEd Service” your account was moved from current supplier Dynegy to ComEd supply service at your October meter read date.
Residents, whether with Eligo or moved to ComEd supply, will be considered a member of the Prairie Grove Green Aggregation program, with energy usage offset by Green Energy.
Why are some accounts at ComEd and some at Eligo Energy?
Suppliers analyze every meter; depending on complex usage patterns, certain accounts are selected to remain at ComEd and others switch to Eligo. The net effect is same for all: all pay the same ComEd rate; for zero added costs, and Green Power is procured for both those served by ComEd supply, and those enrolled with Eligo. Additionally, the Village receives a reserve fund at zero added cost to residents and the Village.
For more information, visit www.eligoenergy.com/cities/il/PrairieGrove or call 312-262-6513 Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm.
- Guaranteed at the ComEd rate, with no rate risk of paying more than ComEd
- No hidden fees, no termination fee, flexibility to join or leave the program
- The Village earns certification as a US EPA Green Power Community, at zero cost to you
- Residents’ power consumption is offset by 100% Renewable (Green) Energy generated from renewable generation sources located in the Midwest, for zero cost
- The Village’s Carbon footprint will be reduced
No one from Eligo, ComEd, or the Village will ever visit your home or call you to enroll. If a solicitor claims to be the Village supplier, Eligo, or ComEd, take their information and report the incident to the ICC at www.icc.illinois.gov/complaints. Never reveal your ComEd account number or allow a solicitor to view your ComEd bill unless you are certain you wish to enroll with that supplier and have read all terms and conditions. Questions: Email [email protected] or leave your name and callback number at 800-727-3820 and someone will reach out to you very shortly.